“The HCSR505 PIR motion sensor module belongs to the category of sensors that interact with the environment. The HCSR505 sensor module detects the movement in front of it within the sensor range. HCSR505 is a passive infrared sensor, which means it can detect infrared radiation emitted from an object.
HCSR505 is a compact low-power sensor module with extremely low power consumption, which is most suitable for battery-powered equipment. HCSR505 has a wide operating voltage range, from 4.5 to 20 volts. The HCSR505 module has a very simple interface and is easy to connect. HCSR505 is a highly sensitive and extremely reliable sensor module, which is the best choice for mobile alarm or intrusion alarm. The output of the sensor is 3.3V, which enables the sensor to save energy.
Because of its low power consumption, it is used in battery-powered automatic appliances. It is very reliable, cheap and small. Due to its small size, you can easily install this sensor in the device. Using this sensor, you can detect the movement of an object through infrared light. These infrared-based motion detectors are used for lighting systems and security purposes.”
“When an object enters the detection area, the sensor will automatically trigger. Just connect power and ground. Connect the output pin to ground and connect an LED in the middle. You can also connect a resistor in series with the LED. When the sensor detects an object, the output pin provides a voltage of 3.3 V and the LED lights up. On the other hand, if the sensor does not detect any moving objects, the output contact remains at 0 volts and the LED remains off.”
Features of PIR Motion Sensor Module HC-SR505
- “It works within a voltage range of 4.5V to 20V.
- The Quiescent current is less than 60µA.
- It has a maximum sensing distance of 3 meters.
- It provides automatic control along with repeatable triggering by default.
- The sensor consumes very low power.
- The diameter of the sensor lens is 10mm.
- It requires temperature in a range of -20 °C to 80 °C.
- The induction angle is less than 100 degrees.”
- “Input Voltage: 4.5V to 20V
- Input Current: 60µA
- Output Voltage: 0V or 3.3V
- Range of Sensor: 3m
- Lens Diameter:10mm
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to 80°C
- Induction Angle: ≤ 100°
- Module Size: 44mm x 11mm”
Uses and Applications
- “Theft Protection Alarms
- Motion Detectors
- Automatic Elevators”
It consists of three pins which are:
- Pin1 is ground.
- Pin2 is an output pin which provides a signal.
- Pin3 (D+) is a power supply pin. Apply +5V at this pin.