The following items should be in the box:
- The TM4C123GXL LaunchPad Board
- USB cable (A-male to micro-B-male)
Connecting the board
Tiva™ C Series TM4C123G LaunchPad
The TM4C123GXL LaunchPad Board ICDI USB port is a composite USB port and consists of three connections:
- Stellaris ICDI JTAG/SWD Interface – debugger connection
- Stellaris ICDI DFU Device – firmware update connection
- Stellaris Virtual Serial Port – a serial data connection
Using the included USB cable,
- Connect your evaluation board’s USB emulation connector (labeled DEBUG) to a free USB port on your computer.
- The USB port on a PC can supply up to 500 mA for each connected device, which is enough for the evaluation board.
- If you’re using a USB hub to connect the board, be sure it’s a powered hub.
- Switch the POWER SELECT switch to the right for DEBUG mode.
- Connect the USB-A cable plug to an available port on the PC and the Micro-B plug to the Debug USB port on the Board.
- Verify that the POWER LED D4 on the board is lit.
- The drivers should download and install themselves.